Accreditations of given assessing body is recognised as competent, in accordance with recognised criteria laid down by SCPwD, to carry out specific tasks. Accreditation of Assessing body increases credibility of the assessment by the industry experts and thus reinforces the mutual recognition of the skills by giving the employers direct influence on training policy.
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is an endorsement of an assessing body’s (AB’s) competence, credibility, independence and integrity in carrying out its assessment activities.
Key Parameters of Accreditation:
- Technically competent
- To the required standard
- Appropriately resourced
- Can be sustained
Benefits of Accreditation:
- Accredited assessing bodies will carry out assessment of the trainees for various job roles on behalf of SCPwD.
- SCPwD accredited assessing bodies would be given opportunity to work with various national and international training institutes or universities, with whom SCPwD gets in partnership for NOS complaint from time to time.
- SCPwD accreditation would provide assessing bodies the national and international recognition
- SCPwD accredited assessing bodies would be provided with opportunities to increase their capacity by improving assessment standards based on National Occupational Standards.
- SCPwD accreditation will instil greater confidence in the market for engaging SCPwD accredited assessing bodies in assessment process.